Explore South Africa
Experience the adventure South Africa has to offer! This diverse country is home to some of the greatest wilderness experiences including safaris and awe-inspiring landscapes and mountains. In addition, the country offers world-class wines, restaurants, and galleries.
Unforgettable South African Safaris
South Africa is one of the very few places on Earth where you’re able to see all of the Big 7: Cape Buffalo, African Elephant, Leopard, Lion, Rhinoceros, Southern Right Whale, and Great White Shark during your trip.
The world’s finest safari destination includes:
- Kruger National Park – private game reserves like Sabi Sands, Thornybush, Londolozi, MalaMala, Lion Sands and Dulini
- Madikwe Game Reserve
- Phinda Game Reserve
- Pilanesberg National Park – host to five of the Big 7, the park also features several lodges to make your safari journey last several days
- Addo Elephant National Park
- The Bloukrans Bridge, at 216m, is the highest commercial bridge bungee jump in the world and attracts adventure seekers from all over the globe.
- The Orlando Towers bungee a 100m drop to the ground in Soweto adds a whole new dimension to sightseeing in this famous Johannesburg township.
- Jungle Adventure – Zip line adventure of The Magoebaskloof Canopy Tour. This unique tour takes explorers on an unforgettable journey above the Letaba River gorge in Limpopo, just a two-hour drive from Kruger National Park.
- Pilanesberg– an extinct volcano and is one of South Africa’s largest game parks. Only a few hours’ drive from Johannesburg, where you can enjoy the aerial safari in a hot air balloon over the breathtaking Pilanesberg National Park.
- Shark Alley- one of the best Great White shark cage-diving destinations in the world near Gansbaai in the Western Cape.
- Hermanus – The whale capital was ranked in the top 12 whale watching locations in the world by the World Wildlife Fund. Only a two-hour drive from Cape Town, this little town is the heart of the Whale Route.
Whether it’s for your eyes or the gram, here are South Africa’s most awe-inspiring, picturesque areas:
- Table Mountain
- Spring wildflower bloom at Goegap Nature Reserve, Namaqualand
- Bourke’s Luck Potholes
- Blyde River Canyon
- Amphitheatre Valley
- Elands River Falls, Mpumalanga
- Bo-Kaap, Cape Town
- Tsitsikamma National Park
- Chapman’s Peak Drive
- Cape Peninsula
- Jacaranda tree-lined streets in Pretoria
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Free State province
- Cape Vidal Beach
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park
- Valley of Desolation
- Camdeboo National Park, Eastern Cape
- Hole in the Wall, Wild Coast, Eastern Cape
Sun-Soaked Coastal Towns:
Explore tropical coral reefs and discover excellent diving and snorkeling spots when visiting South Africa
- Hamburg, Eastern Cape
- Strandfontein, Western Cape
- Mtunzini, KwaZulu-Natal
- Pennington, South Coast, KwaZulu-Natal
- Nature’s Valley, Western Cape
- Pringle Bay, Western Cape
- Morgan Bay, Eastern Cape
Bustling City Life:
South Africa’s City of Gold is where you’ll feel true urban energy packed with local color, flavor and soul. Hang out with the trendiest locals at street-side cafes overlooked by contemporary apartment blocks, or get the taste buds revved up and ready to try everything you can see or smell at weekend food markets, aroma-filled coffee shops or some of the finest restaurants on the continent dotted throughout the city.
- Cape Town
One of the world’s favorite cities, Cape Town is a place so beautiful, one picture is enough to sell it to anyone. Don’t miss the chance to take in some jazz at the city’s acclaimed international festivals, and prepare to be mesmerized by local musicians and the rhythms that define this city. Then, sneak away for a picnic or unforgettable open-air concert at the Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden, the most peaceful setting imaginable, hidden against the slopes of Table Mountain. After a long day, relax at Camps Bay with fine white sands and natural rock swimming pools, or adventure to Boulders Beach, home to a colony of African Penguins.
- Durban, Port Elizabeth and more
South Africa has plenty more remarkable cities to explore, like Durban on the semi-tropical east coast, where beach-life lives in perfect harmony with an energetic modern city. Or feel perfectly at home in warmth of the historic coastal city of Port Elizabeth, known as the “Friendly City” to us.
South Africa Gastronomy – “Food that feeds the soul”:
In Cape Town, you can learn to cook traditional Malay curries that blend sweet and sour flavors with spice blends that have been passed down for generations. Durban and Johannesburg offer a variety of unique flavors you’ll want to try. In addition, don’t forget about South Africa’s numerous wineries that offer eclectic tastings, cheese and wine pairings, and picnic and Segway tours.
History of South Africa:
You can’t think of South Africa without thinking of the heroic Nelson Mandela. Learn his story and relevance when you walk in his footsteps in his cell on Robben Island or walk the sacred sidewalk near his home in Soweto. The Nelson Mandela Centre of Memory is dedicated to keeping his memory alive.
For more history of Soweto, be sure to visit Hector Pieterson Museum and the Apartheid Museum, a thoughtful, yet brutal recollection of South Africa’s troubled history. In addition, learn about various cultures and tribes in South Africa at the Lesedi Cultural Village.
UNESCO World Heritage Sites:
- The Cradle of Humankind
- Robben Island
- The Richtersveld Cultural and Botanical Landscape
- South Africa Cape Floral Region
- Maloto-Drakensberg Heritage
- Vredefort Dome – A meteor’s lasting Impression
- Mapungubwe – Uncover a “new” ancient history
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park.
Start your African adventure today! Call 877-FLY JAYA (359-5292) to book now!